Intensive Couple Therapy
Intensive Couple Therapy is becoming increasingly popular and highly effective for couples experiencing significant relationship distress. Whilst this can be an emotionally taxing process for couples, the age-old adage of ‘no pain no gain’ truly resonate with this way of working, and the effort required is outweighed by the benefits. This approach to couples therapy has been shown to reduce distress for couples, help to resolve specific conflicts, and increase closeness and intimacy, leading to a stronger more resilient and more satisfying relationship.
The therapy is run as an intensive two days over the weekend in my Sydney CBD practice. The days will be broken down into four 90 minutes sessions and will follow the couples retreat program designed by Drs John and Julie Gottman. Due to the intensity of this process, there will be regular breaks throughout the day.
The Gottmans have spent over forty years studying couples, their research has revealed the secrets behind why some relationships grow and flourish while others are fated to crash and burn. They developed a focused and rewarding way to relationships a boost of energy through their intensive, focused couples retreat approach, which can be tailored to fit you and your specific relationship issues.
During the two days, you will learn how to:
- invigorate your friendship
- communicate clearly
- learn your attachment style and how that is played out in your relationship and how it can lead to continual disharmony and lack of closeness and intimacy
- break relationship habits formed through your attachment styles to change how you relate to each other
- deepen your connection and intimacy and help you better understand your partner
- discover what hopes are hidden within your inevitable relationship conflicts
- learn to manage conflict and repair your relationship when there has been an argument
- re-set your common values and shared purpose
- set your own goals and your goals for your relationship.
Fees and cancellations
$4150 – to be paid in full when booking your intensive therapy.
- a thorough pre-intensive online assessment, through the Gottman Institute
- sixhours per day for twoconsecutive days of couple therapy
- In addition to the 12 hoursof clinical sessions, there is a two hour review of the Gottman assessment (a thorough evidence-based assessment of your relationship) plus one hour follow up session
- a total of 15 hours of couple therapy,the equivalent of10 couple sessions over two days.
Due to the significant amount of time I will need to allocate to your intensive session there is a twoweek cancellation policy in place.